After expanding the disksize in vmware player, my guest linux didn't recognize the newly-added space. Here's what I did to solve the problem.
1. Use fdisk to create a partition.
n, p, ...
2. Create physical volume
3. Check physical volume to make sure it's working
4. Create Volume group for the physical volume
vgcreate VolGroup00 /dev/sda3
5. Check the volume group
6. Activate the volume group
7. Create a logical volume using the volume group
lvcreate -L 10g -n LogVolume00 VolGroup
8. Create file system on the logical volume
mkfs.ext3 -m 0 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVolume00
9. Mount the logical volume to a folder, and it'll be ready for use.
mount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVolume00 /u01/app/fusion